PRINCE2® is firmly established as the world’s most practiced method for project management and is globally recognized for delivering successful projects.
The updated 6th Edition guidance, its first since 2009, places a strong emphasis on the scalability and flexibility of the method and on how best to tailor it to the complexity and specific requirements of a project.
Purchasing this manual is a must for those :-
- Wishing to study PRINCE2® to the Foundation and Practitioner level.
- Wanting to implement their first PRINCE2® project
- Sitting the open book Practitioner exam.
The new 6th edition publication is the manual from which the syllabus and the examinations are set and supports the new updated PRINCE2® qualification for both Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
The PRINCE2® method comprises of seven themes, principles, and processes and equips practitioners with the skills and knowledge to manage projects in a wide range of environments.
PRINCE2® 6th edition is an evolution of the PRINCE2 method and not a root and branch revolutionary change. The key elements of PRINCE2 remain a constant: rooted in the realities of working life and as relevant as they ever were. The method’s strength, derives from decades of best practice in project management across diverse organiza-tions and industries” Peter Hepworth, Chief Executive Officer of AXELOS.
The Key areas of the method which have been updated are :-
- Increased emphasis on tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and a varied range of project environments
- Demonstrates a greater link between the themes and principles
- Restructuring of the ‘Themes’ chapters to accommodate typical examples of tailoring
- Provides increased guidance on the practical application of the method, with numerous examples, hint and tips
- Improvements to the structure and format have been made throughout the manual to en-sure it is easier to navigate and use
The updated guidance and exams has been developed through a collaborative approach involving over 100 members of the broader development team, including practitioners, trainers and consultants